Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tip for Marriage #1

My stomach has been a mess lately. I had applesacuce for dinner last night. Let me just add, that boys are so clueless. My normal routine is not to eat applesauce for dinner, so in my mind that should be an obvious sign that I don't feel well. Apparently to my dear husband, that doesn't mean anything and when my head is pounding and my stomach is all gurgly and I'm cold, I'm still supposed to help him clean the entire house. He made me very upset when every time he stomped past he cast me a nasty look as if to say "get off your lazy butt and help me." I did help him put away laundry, but I was still upset. I mean, who is he to give me any kind of nasty look when I'm the one that usually cleans the house before HIS parents come over? Who's the one that looks after Colby ALL THE TIME and cleans up his messes? Don't get me wrong, I love Colby, he's just not very good to have around when you want to clean or talk. We finally aired our issues with each other, but obviously you can tell that I'm still carrying around some residual anger. I hate to say it, but I think that being a police officer is changing Brandon. He never used to care about some clutter, but now it's like he needs some order at home after the chaos of his job. I hope that he can learn to leave his job at work and speak up when he's frustrated with me. We could have saved ourselves some problems last night if in the beginning he just asked "Why aren't you helping me?" and the answer would have been "I don't feel good" and then life would have gone on without all the stress. Tip for marriage: Speak up when you're frustrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment