Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, September 19, 2009

GO HOKIES!!

Next week is Homecoming, which means as 10th Grade Sponsor, I am in charge of the decorating of the 10th grade locker banks, showcase and banner. I get $250 to buy things. Yesterday I went to Michael's just in time for a sweet sale and today I hit Walmart. My $250 has been spent. If they need anything else, that's just too bad :-) I think it'll look cute, but we'll see. It depends on how many students show up to help.

Today Virginia Tech won 16-15! It was a nail bitter. I decided to start treking to Walmart at the very end so naturally I was sitting at a stoplight with Tyrod through that beautiful pass to Danny Cole to put us on the 3 yard line. I was cheering and waving my hands - I think the people stopped at the stoplight thought I was crazy and needed to go back on my meds, but hey! They won! GO HOKIES!!

A quick thought on parenthood - I realized the other day while talking to my husband's family that I miss being able to do what I want to do when I want to do it. I wouldn't trade Colby for anything, but honestly I do miss the freedom. It made me think that all those teenagers out there who get pregnant have no idea what they're getting themselves into and how much they'll miss their freedom when it's gone. I say if you're young, have fun and don't tie yourself down to children until you're older and have done things in your life that you enjoy, because when that little tyke comes, you have to think about them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment