Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Trip Home

So, the trip home was pretty horrendous. We started off stopping at JCPenny where he ran all over the place, which for the record, it's really easy to lose your child among the clothing racks, so put your kid in a stroller. I found some cute pants, so I guess that's my consolation prize for being stupid and not bringing in the stroller. Then he starting fussing around Richmond, but before I had a chance to stop he fell asleep, so I was like "whew" and kept driving. Around Charlottesville he really started screaming so I pulled off the interstate. I saw a sign for a park and I was like "sweet, we can go run around," but before we go to it, I heard a splash. He had thrown up all over himself. I pulled into the nearest empty parking lot and proceeded to clean everything up. I think I used like 50 wipes. Colby ended up wearing his gorrilla pajamas and a clean diaper. His car seat looked pretty good when I was done, all things considered, and since I used 50 wipes or so. We drove for a while longer and stopped at the Cracker Barrell in Waynesboro. Cracker Barrell actually has a lot of really awesome food options for Colby so it's a pretty good place to stop. Plus it's pretty tasty for adults too :-)

While I was there, I realized that some people are not nice people. Everyone who saw Colby seemed to enjoy his sticking up hair and pretty blue eyes even if he as banging his fork and wearing pajamas. But I could tell this one old woman was thinking about what a horrible mom and child we were. I don't know if she disapproved of the pajamas or if she thought I was some irresponsible single mom or if she disapproved of toddlers banging forks around, but she wasn't nice. I tried to smile, but I got nothing. If only she'd known the disaster that had happened 30 miles back, maybe she'd have been a bit more understanding. I was sort of mad about her behavior in Cracker Barrell, but I guess that just goes to show that people, including myself, should be less judgemental about other people that they don't even know or understand.

At any rate, I'm home and I'm enjoying my day off, but I still have class tonight so I'm not completely free. I guess I'll finish my homework this afternoon before I go. And I'm going to enjoy my day even though it's cloudy and dreary, so there mother nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment