Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Saturday

This weekend we are hanging out with my parents. As we speak I am typing on my mom's brand new laptop. I guess we're just a laptop family because between me, Brandon, my parents and sister we have four laptops :-) Almost one for each person! Today we spent some time cleaning up my parents' back yard. During the storm a couple of weeks ago, all the trash and every single stinking pine needle from around my parents' house ended up in their yard. Their neighbors have a six foot privacy fence which stopped the debris right in my parents' yard. It smelled rotten and we made two huge piles at the road of pine needles and trash. My parents also have a boat that floated off the trailer which we had to put back on, but that was much easier than I expected. After cleaning the yard for a couple hours, I went to get my hair trimmed and then my mom, Michele and I went shopping. I discovered that I am offically getting old. I didn't like anything that was in the juniors section of JCPenny, which is where I used to live when I was in high school and early college. It all looks either grungy or ghetto-fabulous. Who really wears that stuff? I also noted that all the maniquins at those teen stores in the mall had some really skanky outfits for sale. But I wonder if they're really skanky or if I'm just old. Maybe both. I just know that if I have a daughter in the future, we will have differing thoughts on clothes. Maybe by then the trend will go toward covering everything up? Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment