Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Break!

I think that yesterday was the fastest I've gotten out of school in a while. The bell rang, I turned off my computer, went upstairs for my purse and coat and then said bye to everyone. I think I was in the parking lot 8 minutes after the release bell for the students. I didn't have anything exciting to get home to, but I was just so ready for Thanksgiving break that I didn't want to linger at school. I had to sign the bite log again for Colby, but even that didn't bother me. All I could think of was "I don't have to be at school for five days!" After dinner we went to the rec center so that Colby could run around the track, but I think he was tired because he kept sitting down. Today I have nothing on my calander exept to clean up and tomorrow all I have to do is make two things and then I'm free to enjoy myself. My calander is clear on Friday (I'm not going shopping!), Saturday and Sunday, so if you're reading this and you're in town, give me a call and we'll meet up!

One damper on my holiday is that my step-grandmother died on Monday night (my biological grandmother died when my mom was a kid from breast cancer and my grandpa remarried). She hadn't been doing well for a while and my grandpa took the best care of her that he could, but it was just a matter of time. But I see it this way - she's not suffering anymore and Grandpa doesn't have to be stressed any more. However, I think he's going to be lonely, which makes me sad for him :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment