Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

Halloween was pretty uneventful at my house. I only had three visitors and one was a really creepy kid with black fabric over his face who couldn't even bother to say trick or treat. I couldn't figure out how to our light on. It's one of those motion sensor lights that CAN stay on, but I don't know how to do that. So people passed the house even though I had a ton of candy to give out. And no, Colby and I didn't go trick or treating. He's too little and I sure don't need the candy.

Today at school the kids had a two hour early release so that the teachers could grade papers. I swear those research papers are going to be the death of me. Just reading them makes me want to tear my eyes out. I just hope that by grading these papers and returning them with some serious (and sometimes scathing) remarks will help them in the future, otherwise I don't know why I do this to myself. Today we also started in on Shakespeare and Romeo and Juliet. I can't wait to start reading it again! I know I've taught it for six years now, but somehow it never seems to get old. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment