Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Week in Review

I finally have time to leave a post...amazing! This week has been a bit of a whirlwind. I had class on Monday, bible study on Tuesday, parent/teacher conferences on Thursday and Friday. I only met with 8 parents, which is disappointing because I have about 55 students. But the parents I met were fantastic and very much in tune with what was going on. And because I didn't have many parents visiting me (the average was one an hour) I had plenty of time to make copies and organize my desk. You should have seen the massive craziness that was my desk. Now I can actually see my desk and not be overwhelmed when I look at it.

So this week we had the remnants of Hurrican Ida paying a visit. It rained for two days straight here. And I mean, there was no break in the rain. It only cause some minor flooding around here (but not at our house - we don't live anywhere near a flood plain), but my parents got flooded out. Everything they had to replace after Hurricane Isabell, they're going to have to replace again except for the carpet in their bedroom. Thankfully the water didn't get as high as it did during Isabell and they didn't get water IN the house, just under the house where they have insulation and duct work to replace.

This weekend looks like it's going to be beautiful. Today I'm going for a walk with Renee at the park and tomorrow I'll be teaching some ladies how to crochet. Which means I need to buckle down and clean the house. I'm taking a break to write this post because I just mowed the front yard. Brandon has known for weeks that I would like the yard mowed one last time before winter, but for some reason this has not led to action. He should know by now that if he doesn't want me to do what he SHOULD be doing, he should not procratinate forever because I'm stubborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment