Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

New Additon - Not a Baby!

We have a new addition to our family. Last week a student of mine said she was trying to get rid of her dog. Before I even thought about my words, an offer to take her dog popped out of my mouth. So yesterday her dad brought her to school and she got to meet Brandy. The new dog is named Niki and she's supposedly an Akita husky (don't think Alaskan husky - completely different), but I'm not sure. She's the same size as Brandy, but she's white and black with pointy ears like a german shepherd. Niki and Brandy got into a fight last night and I was concerned, but a teacher at school pointed out that dogs have to establish who's the boss. I think Brandy asserted herself as boss because Niki was definately bleeding more (not terrible or anything, but she got her paw torn up and got blood all over the house before I realized she was bleeding). After the fight Niki slept in the laundry room and all seemed better in the morning. I found out this morning that the student that gave me Niki was moving to Lousiana, which I'm assuming is why she was trying to find her a new home. We'll see how this adventure goes, but I'm not going to open my big mouth ever again!

Colby hasn't gotten any more bite log entries, but cross your fingers because that could definately change by tomorrow. He's been good this week except for not sleeping well on Monday night (it happens I suppose). He's been playing with his toys really well and eating well - he's an expert with a spoon and fork (at least he thinks so :-) ) He tried to pull some ornaments off the tree today, but I stopped him before there was any serious harm. All is well in Colbyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment