Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Bound

On Friday we didn't have any school due to the largest snowstorm I think I've ever seen. Which means we started break a day early, but since I didn't have the foresight to grab things out of my room or out of the fridge I had to drive over before it started snowing to get things. It was a good thing we didn't have school because it started snowing at 1:30 and within an hour everything including the roads were covered. I don't even want to imagine busses trying to take kids home under those conditions.

This morning we had over 13 inches of snow and as I type it's snowing again. Some places got thunder snow and because of that they had about 2 feet of snow. We were supposed to have the police party, but it got rescheduled for January due to the weather. And before you start wondering - no we didn't take Colby out in the snow - It's up to his waist and at the first step he would fall. Maybe if the next snowfall is not as much we'll get him some snow boots and take him out.

Speaking of Colby, he has not been a good napper the last couple of days. Yesterday it took me almost yelling at him to make him lay down and take a nap. Today we're still trying to get him down (it's now 3:30 and we started this process at 2:30).

Today I made cookies while we were snowbound...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment