Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

World Class Temper Tantrums

Colby has learned how to throw world class temper tantrums. This morning he was playing with the vaccum cleaner - fine whatever - but it was time to go to school and when I put it away he threw himself on the floor and screamed and kicked. I went to the other room and sat down and when he realized no one was paying attention, he followed me and threw himself on the floor again and kept screaming. This evening he was standing between the couch and the coffee table and when he went to throw himself onto the floor to cry he banged his head on the coffee table and cracked the wood on one of the leafs (sorry daddy). When Colby's teacher at daycare asked if I was ready for this week at school to be over, I had to weigh my options - crying, screaming, kicking baby or 9th Graders? It was a tough call. Lets just say that now I understand how a mom could lose it and scream at their child. It is certainly frustrating to deal with it, but thankfully Colby went to bed at 6p.m. so I was able to get a little peace and quiet and make my burritos for school tomorrow.

This weekend in the police officer banquet. I bought a new dress - it's a blue mock halter. I hope it looks smashing on me - I want to look as good as Brandon looks normally so that his officer buddies aren't like "whoa" in a bad, disapproving way. I'm looking forward to no screaming toddlers, a romantic slow dance and maybe some cheezy cop songs (think "Bad Boys") :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment