Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Productive Day

So, today was pretty busy considering I had another snow day. I went and got Brandy, but that was not a simple process and I'm still not done. I had to go to animal control and confirm that it was my dog, then go to the municpal building to pay the fine ($16) and then when I was on my way back with my reciept, I got a call saying the animal control guy had to go catch another dog and it would be 30 minutes until he got back. By this time I realized that getting Colby in and out of the car for multiple errands was going to be hell for me, so I decided to take him to daycare so I could get everything done and not feel guilty about it. So I got back to Radford, picked up Brandy, took her home (yes the gate was closed this time!) and then headed back out to Walmart. I was at Walmart yesterday, but I forgot to get diapers and cereal for Colby (how I forgot diapers I'll never know). Plus I wanted to get one of those ID tags for Brandy, but they're machine was busted. I came back home and got to cleaning the extra bedroom which is still strewn with everything we didn't put away when we moved in. It's still not clean, but it's a start at least. While cleaning I listened to the "radio" on Pandora.com (which is a really cool internet radio that I recommend you check out) and check the progress of my Amazon book sales - I was pleasantly surprised to see that I'd sold 4 books already! So after several hours of cleaning I went to the post office to mail the books, went to the Dublin Walmart to get dog tags, but they didn't even have a machine, so I went to get Colby. On my way home I had to call the day care to see what he had for lunch...they'd forgotten to write it on his report card (pretty important guys!) He's been pretty fun this evening...but maybe it's just my good attitude because I feel like I accomplished a lot today. He was still fussing over his teeth, but I got him to laugh a lot, so that was fun. At any rate, I still need to go the municpal building and register Brandy and then call animal control and tell them I got her registered, otherwise I'm going to get a ticket - not cool animal control guys. Hopefully tomorrow I feel just as productive!

1 comment: