Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Monday, March 16, 2009

Wet Weekend

So, it rained all weekend, but we didn't let it keep us down :-) On Saturday we went to Galax to hang out with Melissa and Andrew and to drop off the papers for the assumption (Our assumption was approved and as soon as the paperwork gets in, the house is ours!) We went to a restaurant called The Hardward Company. The food was okay, the dessert was amazing, but those waiters should have been named tweedle dee and tweedle dum. The one waiter kept setting things down in front of Colby - first the bread, which I moved, then the plates, which I moved, then the butter, which I moved. Hello! He's a toddler! He grabs things and throws them on the floor! Then he brought my salad (after the entre) and he set it down in front of Colby! I'd like to eat my salad without having it dumped on the floor, thanks.

On Sunday we went to Sunday School in Roanoke. I haven't been able to convince Brandon that finding a church in Radford is a necessary thing, so we're still traveling to Roanoke whenever Brandon is off. After that we came home and I proceeded to make a cake for Brandon (we were going to celebrate his birthday at his parents house). The cake part turned out fine, but the icing I made tasted a little funny. Brandon assured me it was fine and I proceeded to ice the cake. Unfortunately made it a little too runny and the top slid off the bottom. When I discovered this had happened, I was very upset. I mean, I'm the one that's supposed to able to make very tastey and visually appealing desserts and I can't even make a simple cake? I'm ashamed to say I cried about it before I marched down the Food Lion and bought a can of icing. It looked a lot better and didn't have a funky taste and I was even able to decorate it with green icing. I'm happy to say that it got a compliment out of Nick: "If I decorated a cake like that I'd take a picture because that's as good as it gets."

No comments:

Post a Comment