Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Monday, March 23, 2009

Speaking of Patience

So, my co-teacher thinks I'm really patient because I put up with my fourth block class like a champ. They are obnoxious and loud, but somehow I maintain a calm demeanor and I talk to them without being a sarcastic snot. But I do this only because I have two rules:

1. I will not give any student the satisfaction of seeing me blow up.
2. I will not let any student see me cry (when I get really upset I cry).

When they are obnoxious, I just remind myself that it's fourth block and I can almost go home. It's not patience when it comes to this class, I think it's just stubborn pride. I'm really not all that patient - Brandon drives me crazy when he takes forever to get ready to go out.

My other shortcoming - I'm disorganized. I'm sitting here looking at my desk in my classroom and it's a mess. There's paper everywhere and random stacks of things I need to do. It's not as bad as it could be, there's nothing growing on or in my desk, but it's still messy. I think I need a personal secretary that will keep track of everything and put it away as needed.

Well, I guess I'm going to go home and see what Brandon's been up to. I hope he went and bought that tree we were going to plant. I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. Thats interesting you mention being patient. I also think I have issues with being patient. Sometimes in my work I get impatient with others, and I am not sure why. I think it affects other aspects of my life. Like, for instance, I have no patience for cooking. It takes so much time, but at the same time, I wish I had more tolerance for it.

    ReplyDelete