Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Monday, May 4, 2009

Just Like My Mommy

The weekend was a mixed bag of delights and frustrations. On the delightful side I got to spend a lot of time with Colby. He's still feeling kind of fussy because of his ear infection, but at least I can get him to laugh and smile. I made chocolate chip cookies, which was tasty, and I had lunch with Katie yesterday. I cleaned the kitchen (which wasn't joyful at the time, but it looks great now that it's done!) and I washed clothes (again, not a joy at the time, but it'll be a joy when I don't have to search for anything this week). My frustrations centered around my wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, frustrating husband (whom I love dearly). I have to say that I do all these things around the house because they need to be done. I don't necessarily enjoy doing them, but that's life and I don't need a pat on the back or any special recognition to do these things. But, when I suggest a small project (it involves cutting up a piece of plywood that we already have) I don't need my husband to off-handedly suggest that his time is too important for my silly project. It makes me crazy with anger to hear him say that. I decided I would do the project myself, after all, my daddy taught me how to do use a circular saw as well as anybody. It was sort of humorous in then end because I realized just how much I was like my mother. I called to make sure I wasn't wrong for being frustrated and that husbands were jerks at times and she said "just do it yourself." :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment