Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bruschetta Adventure

Today I finally got out of the house! Yay! I went to church followed by Walmart. When Colby and I got home we ate lunch and I put him down for his nap. While he napped I made homemade bruschetta. Brandon and I discovered bruschetta a while ago at a Costco. They were giving out free samples and we liked it so much that we bought some. I look around for it from time to time, but I've never found any so I decided to make some. Lets just say...it was delicious! Here's the recipe if you want to try it:

8 Roma tomatos deseeded and chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced (this was a lot of garlic so I thought next time I'd cut it down to 1)
1/3 cup of basil chopped
1/4 cup onion
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

It's super good on store bought italian toast, but probably great on toasted italian bread too. And it tasted pretty good with wheat thins when I was taste testing :-) I felt pretty good about his because Colby can eat it too! And he really enjoyed it!

No school tomorrow...I wonder if we'll have any school in February? I also wonder if we'll be in school until July?

No comments:

Post a Comment