Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Disaster Averted

A couple of days ago I was standing in the kitchen and heard water dripping in the laundry room over head. We live in a one story house, so it wasn't an upstairs bathroom or anything. I looked and realized that, that spot was where the AC comes into the house and where the air intake is. I freaked - all I could think of was that there was something wrong with the AC and I'm going to have to call someone and spend lots of money. I called Brandon when I noticed a slight wet spot in the ceiling, which caused more heart palpatations. He told me to turn the AC off (no big deal because it was night-time) and when he got home...you wanna know what was wrong...the drain pipe on the drain pan was clogged...Brandon fixed it...and replaced the air intake filter...I felt stupid...but glad it didn't cost anything :-)

Today I took Colby to his first movie at the movie theater. First, Brave was a really good movie and Colby did a pretty good job of sitting still and paying attention. He's a four year old, so there was the expected fidgeting, but he did okay. The movie was cute. Geared more toward girls, but with the bears and such, it was okay for boys. I just want to say that I nearly choked when I shelled out $15 for the two of us to watch this movie at 12:40 on a Saturday. $15!!! For a kid and an adult!!! WTH!!! These prices are exorbitant!!! Talk about price gouging! At any rate, Colby and I had fun. Maybe Brandon can take him to see the new Ice Age movie...but maybe at a different movie theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment