Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pumped for Coming School Year

I'm really starting to look forward to the coming school year. I checked my class load and I'm teaching 2 honors classes and 4 academic classes. I think this will be a really good year because I'm not taking any college classes, I'm not trying to finish an internship and I don't have foster kids and I'm not planning on having any until the next calader year. Plus I'm going to continue to lose weight and get some of my energy back! I feel like I can put my best foot forward and try out some new ideas especially in the area of writing. I also want to do more things online so that I won't have to grade as many things by hand. I only have a couple of concerns for this year - my class sizes range from about 21 to 26. 26 will be the most students I've ever had in one room. I'll need some more desks, that's for sure. Also, for the first time ever, I have third block planning, which is when all the lunches are. Last year they did away with lunch duty, but I fear this year they will reinstate it and I'll be stuck hanging in the lunch room for 25 minutes during my planning - boo! I mean seriously...I'm on a diet! The only food I need to be near is the food I'm allowed to eat! :-) But on a more serious note, I think this year is going to go well. Our principal was new last year and some things didn't work out well, but now I think he'll have a handle on things and get things moving better. He already hired an excellent SPED coordinator and kicked a nuisance back to the schoolboard office, so I think we're heading in a great direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment