Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Continues

So my summer continues :-)

We went to the beach back at the beginning of June. We had a good time just hanging out as a family. We hit the sound-side beach near our house where the waves were tiny and the beach was filled with lots of other families with kids around Colby's age. Colby built sandcastles with Brandon and his new friends while I read an Carter slept. We hope that next year some other friends will be able to go with us, but it was plenty relaxing with just us.

After the beach we came home and Brandon went back to work and I settled down to enjoy my summer with Colby and Carter. I've been taking Colby to the park, pool, and library along with bike riding, playing in the pool, and hitting baseballs around the yard at home. There's been a couple of times when we've gotten on each other's nerves, but so far it's been a pretty good summer with Colby, though I think he'll be glad to get back to school and see his friends.

Hanging out with Carter has been pretty good too, but we've been having to deal with the unpleasant side-effects of his PKU formula. It doesn't really agree with his stomach and was causing lots of fussiness. I took him to the doctor and they said there wasn't anything they could do because it was the formula that was messing him up. Carter's nutritionist suggested prune juice, so I've been giving him one ounce of water mixed with one ounce of prunce juice every day. It seems to help him not be so constipated, but I have to say that the consistencey of prunce juice is NASTY and I think it makes his poos extra stinky! But as long as he's not crying inconsolibly, that's ok!

In other news I decided to make good on a promise I made to myself a long time ago. I promised myself that after I got pregnant and had a baby and was done breastfeeding, I would go to the weigh station and lose some weight for good. Today I made an appointment for next Thursday. I'm looking forward to looking in the mirror and liking what I see because all I see now is an out of shape woman who has CLEARLY been through two c-sections. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment