Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Plants and Teen Drama

Today was a dreary day, but at least I won't have to water my plants today! Fortunately I actually have plants that need to be watered...it frosted Monday night! I was sure I'd find shriveled up tomatos and peppers, but they're still alive and kicking. I still need to replant the squash, but I'll get around to it sooner or later. I also need to work on the other flower beds...but I've been feeling so LAZY. Especially after school - after dealing with teenagers all day I don't want to work in the garden.

Oh, speaking of teens...one of my students, "Jenny" was dating this scumbag named "Tommy". I encouraged her to break up with him because she's a sweet girl who could definately do better. Today another student walked up and said "Thanks for telling Jenny to break up with Tommy. Now she's turned lesbian!" I was like whoa. Then another student said, "Mrs. Gill turned Jenny lesbo!" Now I was horrified. I told him not to say it like that because it sounded SOOOO WRONG! Eventually they dropped it after I practically screamed at them that I didn't care and I hadn't even seen Jenny in two days. Teen drama...sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment