Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday Update

So, as you all know our school system has fallen on hard times with budget issues. I was really scared that one of our English teachers was going to lose her job, but we found out today that she is getting an English job at the middle school. And because of retirements and some shifting around, the history teacher that is in my room during first block isn't going to lose her job either. I have also succeeded in making myself more likely to keep my job - I passed my Praxis II in Earth Science, so I'm now certified to teach Earth Science!! Yay me!! I'm really comfortable with English, so I don't know if I necessarily WANT to teach earth science, but now I can if it became necessary.

Brandon is back on night shift so I'm back to getting the bed to myself. By the time I get used to that he'll be back on day shift and I'll have to get used to that. Things have been going pretty well for Brandon...nothing out of the ordinary for him. Of course he had all of last week off, so I think he was enjoying that! He got all the veggies planted though and I think some things are starting to sprout. Yay for summer veggies!

Colby was back in the bite log today, but he's doing SO MUCH BETTER since he switched classrooms. He's picking up more words and manners and starting to string his words together, though right now his sentences are only "Night, night...pup." We'll get there eventually and then I'll want to go back to the quiet days :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment