Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Today is Friday the 13th. I assume my students will be a little crazy today, but that's okay - my kids have a test mwhahahahaha. And it's really okay because the English teachers are bringing in food today so lunch will be spectacular. "Any occasion is a good occasion for food" is the mantra around here...yay!

So I didn't end up making Valentines Day Cards for the little kiddies. But I was astounded by the activities going on in other classes for this fake holiday. Everyone had little mail boxes that they'd made so that all their little cards could go in it. I don't remember doing all this when I was younger...but then again maybe we did and I just don't remember. I think that there is much more importance to this holiday these days. Which is stupid. Why do you need a special day to give someone roses or to take them to dinner or tell them you love them? I think it's of much greater value to do those things randomly, not just when the commercials on TV tell you to.

Well, we might be getting a dog after all. Brandon's cousin had a dog follow him home one day and since they already have three dogs and a cat, they're trying to get rid of this stray. They say she's sweet, doesn't bark and doesn't jump, but we have to see how she acts around Colby and how Colby acts around her. We'll be seeing her tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Yall might be getting a dog. You will have to let me know how that goes. I didn't even know that you were thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete