Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, February 20, 2009

TGIF!

One of our favorite sayings in the English department is "If only they knew what we encounter on a daily basis." Usually when we say it we're rolling our eyes and wondering what we're doing teaching, yet we know we'll be back the next day ready to roll. I do, however, wish that people did know...they probably wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry. Today for example - one student called my name so many times I thought about changing it, another student we've decided is trying to write my biography (my questions for the day were 1. how long have you been a teacher and 2. when did you know you wanted to be a teacher), several students wanted to know when they'd be getting their tests back, but the day before that and the day before that I'd already told them they'd get them back when everyone had taken it (obviously everyone hasn't taken it! Or maybe I'm keeping them to hang up on my refridgerator!), one student wondered aloud if I'd ever eaten at the waffle house (which apparently doesn't serve french toast) and another student commented that my abreviation GZ for General Zaroff sounded like a rappers name. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment