Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snowy Tuesday

Today was a snow day :-) It snowed enough to cover the grass, trees and cars, but not enough to cover the roads. It was pretty, but not dangerous. I took Colby to daycare for a couple of hours so that I could go to school and work on some things. Then I decided that since he was already at daycare and I was already out to go to Walmart and do some grocery shopping. Not that I mind taking Colby - he loves Walmart! So much to look at! So many people that are always saying hi! I just feel bad taking him from somewhere warm and exposing him to the arctic weather. The best thing about my snow day is the fact that I got to see Brandon for a little while before he had to go to work. On power shift he usually has to leave before I get home so I don't get to see him, but not today! The other good thing about the snow day is that I got to work on my crochet project. I'm making a bag for all my crochet supplies then who knows what I'll do. Maybe I'll make a blanket or something. Or a scarf. You can never have too many scarves in weather like this.

2 comments:

  1. You crochet?!?! You never told me! What have you learned how to make? You will have to show me some things and I'll show you what I know how to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom taught me a long time ago, but when I saw Gwen crocheting I was inspired to pick it back up. With the stitches I know, you can make a lot of stuff - scarves, bags, blankets, potholders, etc, etc. I totally want to learn how you do the wavy blanket so next time we're together we'll definately have to share!

    ReplyDelete