Family

Family
Here we are at the Virginia Tech Horticulture Gardens (Photo by Jenna Gill Photography)

Friday, February 27, 2009

PKU Worries

So, I recently started letting Colby's daycare feed him the foods that they have with some guidelines. I was a little nervous about this, but for the most part, things worked out pretty well...until yesterday. The guidelines were: 2 fruits or one fruit and one vegetable while he's at daycare - no peas, creamed spinach or garden vegetables. Well yesterday, vanilla custard showed up on his little report card. My first reaction was "What is in the world is that?" My second reaction was "Vanilla custard isn't a fruit or vegetable so what's he doing eating it?" When I went home and looked it was 111 phe's (keep in mind that he's only supposed to have 150 max right now) and he had sweet potatoes too, which are 53 phe's. He was way over for yesterday, which didn't please me, so today I added a couple more things to the "do not eat" list. The vanilla custard is like a dessert anyway...what kind of baby needs dessert? I'm addicted to dessert, but that doesn't mean I want my child to be that way.

On a lighter note, it's Friday and I only have to be at school until noon for parent/teacher conferences. So I'll be able to get my car inspected. That's what I always wanted to do with my free Friday afternoon! :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment